Bottom Line Results:
"I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed today’s seminar. Clearly there was a lot of thought and effort put into delivering such a detailed and up to date presentation and I really appreciate what was provided. The day exceeded my expectations and I look forward to attending upcoming seminars."
- Brenda Santillo
Human Resources Director
Employers must use updated Form I-9, effective January 22
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a revised version of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. After January 22, 2017 only the version dated 11/14/2016 N will be acceptable. Until then, Employers may continue to use the earlier version dated 03/08/2013 N or use the new version.
The changes are designed to reduce errors and enhance form completion using a computer and do not substantially change any information which is being collected.
• drop-down lists and calendars for filling in dates,
• on-screen instructions for each field,
• easy access to the full instructions,
• the ability to enter multiple preparers and translators,
• a dedicated area for including additional information rather than having to add it in the margins and
• an option to clear the form and start over.
The instructions have been separated from the form and are more extensive. The USCIS has also indicated that a new M-274 Handbook for Employers will be published in January 2017. For more information, visit I9 Central.
EANJ will be running an I-9 Workshop on January 11, 2017.