The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) entitles eligible employees to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year for specified family and medical reasons. The law is complicated and contains provisions on employer coverage, employee eligibility for the law's benefits, entitlement to leave, maintenance of health benefits during leave, and job restoration after leave. This training course will provide an understanding of FMLA provisions as they relate to a company’s day to day dealings with employee leaves of absence. It will answer these questions and more:
- Which employees are eligible for a leave?
- When can the time be taken intermittently?
- What are reasons for a leave?
- What makes a condition “serious”?
- How must the employee tell us he/she needs this leave?
- What information (proof) can we ask for?
- What are the company’s administrative requirements (the forms)?
- What if I need to replace the employee in his/her absence?
- How does the FMLA interact with the New Jersey Family Leave Act, The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and the NJ Law Against Discrimination?
- When 12 weeks is not enough
Amy M. Vazquez
EANJ Training Room
30 West Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
Parking is available on a first-come first-serve basis. We request that you only park against the rear-wall of the parking lot and not in the spaces directly in front of the building as those are reserved for tenants. Street parking is also available but please be mindful of the signs.
$85 per person (EANJ Member)
$105 per person (Non-Member)
Substitutions are permitted, however in order to meet program commitments, cancellations made less than two (2) full working days before the program date or "no-shows", must be charged the full registration fee. Cancellations should be submitted, in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved for HRCI & SHRM-CP/SCP