Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a serious health issue and the Company will ensure the health and safety of every employee.
When feasible, you will be directed to work from home. When employees cannot work from home and are required to report to work, the following guidance should be followed:
If you are ill with cold-like symptoms (fever/chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, diarrhea), please remain at home. Follow our normal call-in procedures to alert your manager. Consult with your medical provider. [Our health plan includes a telemedicine option with a waiver of your co-pay].
In addition to the information provided under our normal call-in procedures, you are required to inform the Company if:
1. you are subject to a federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19, including when a Federal, State, or local government authority has advised categories of citizens (e.g., of certain age ranges or of certain medical conditions) to shelter in place, stay at home, isolate, or quarantine, causing those categories of employees to be unable to work even though work is available;
2. you have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine because of COVID-19;
3. you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, dry cough, shortness of breath; or any other COVID-19 symptoms identified by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and is seeking a medical diagnosis; or
4. you are caring for an individual subject to a government order or medical advice as described above in numbers 1 and 2, respectively
Better to Be Safe
In order to fully comply with this policy you are urged to report whether you may have been exposed to COVID-19. For example, a spouse, partner or family member may have been sent home from their place of employment because of COVID-19-related reasons. Your disclosure may ensure the safety of others.
Self-Quarantine, Medical Examinations and Other Measures
Depending on the circumstances, the Company may send you home should you appear to present symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and/or direct you to self-quarantine for a period of time, or if you have traveled to an inadvisable place, may live or are in close proximity to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or may been otherwise exposed to COVID-19. Under these circumstances, the Company may require you to submit medical documentation to determine whether a medical condition may impair your ability to perform your job or pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others. Additionally, the company may take remedial measures including, but not limited to, taking employee temperatures.
Please note that under existing state order, we may promptly notify workers of any known exposure to COVID-19 at the worksite and may also disclose such information to public health authorities.
Sick Pay and Leaves of Absences
Our usual sick pay policies are applicable and depending on the circumstances, you may be eligible for additional sick pay and/or a leave of absence under federal law. The following documentation may be required:
1. the name of the government entity that issued the Quarantine or Isolation Order, or
2. the name of the health care provider who advised you to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19;
3. the name of the government entity that issued the Quarantine or Isolation Order to which the individual being cared for is subject; or
4. the name of the health care provider who advised the individual being cared for to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19.
5. other documentation to determine whether a medical condition may impair your ability to perform your job or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Sick pay and/or leave benefits may be sequenced at your choice.
For an explanation of your rights under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/posters/FFCRA_Poster_WH1422_…
For an explanation of other sick pay and benefits rights
Please note that this policy does not supersede any other Company policy relating to sick leave, payment of wages, proving benefits or leaves of absence.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact:_______________