Proper employee classification is a constant source of problems for employers. Determining if a worker is an independent contractor or employee is more important than ever with the government increasing its enforcement efforts each year. Additionally, both federal and NJ wage and hour laws create a complex web for determining if employees are exempt from being paid overtime. Join us for this one-hour session as we cover:
- Independent contractor or employee?
- Volunteer, intern?
- Tests for determining exemption status- Duties, Salary Level, Salary Basis
- Understanding proper deductions from exempt employees pay
- Safe harbor rule & highly compensated employee option
- Focus on Executive, Administrative, Professional, Outside Sales and Computer Exemptions.
$55 for EANJ Members & SHRM Partners (unlimited registrations per company)
$95 Non-Members (unlimited registrations per company)
Invoices are sent to attendees after the program.
HRCI Credit (1) Pending
(After registering, confirmation, instructions & reminders will be emailed to you directly from our Conference Service Provider: email@example.com)