Proper employee classification is a constant source of problems for employers. Determining if a worker is an independent contractor or employee is more important than ever with the government increasing its enforcement efforts each year. Additionally, both federal and NJ wage and hour laws create a complex web for determining if employees are exempt from being paid overtime. Join us for this one-hour session as we cover:
- Independent contractor or employee?
- Volunteer, intern?
- Tests for determining exemption status- Duties, Salary Level, Salary Basis
- Understanding proper deductions from exempt employees pay
- Safe harbor rule & highly compensated employee option
- Focus on Executive, Administrative, Professional, Outside Sales and Computer Exemptions.
$55 for EANJ Members (unlimited registrations per company)
$95 Non-Members (unlimited registrations per company)
Updated Webinar Billing Info
EANJ has upgraded our webinar billing system to allow for online payments via PayPal. Invoices will be sent in advance of the program directly from PayPal. You can opt to pay online with credit card through the PayPal portal or send in a check. We will continue to send one invoice per company, regardless of the number of attendees, unless a program indicates otherwise. A recording will be made available following the live presentation.
Pre-Approved for 1 HRCI & SHRM-CP/SCP Recertification Credit