Described as the most powerful pay equity law in the country, women and minorities in the state will have expansive protection from pay discrimination. Among other things, the law will:
- make it unlawful for an employer to offer lower pay and benefits to a worker protected by the state Law Against Discrimination, which includes "protected classes" such as women and minorities, compared with others who perform "substantially similar work,"
- prevent employers from disciplining workers who talk about their “compensation” - which includes wages and benefits - with co-workers and lawyers,
- prohibit employers from cutting the wages of higher-paid staff in order to make salaries comparable,
- permit employees, or a group of employees, to recoup up to six years’ worth of back pay, up from two under current law, and
- allow employees to recoup three times as much as they were denied in compensation.
Are you ready for this game changing legislation? Join John J. Sarno, Esq. to learn more.
$55 for EANJ Members and SHRM Partners (unlimited registrations per company)
$95 Non-Members (unlimited registrations per company)
Invoices are sent to attendees after the program.
HRCI Credit (1) Pending
(After registering, confirmation, instructions & reminders will be emailed to you directly from our Conference Service Provider: email@example.com)