Recent trends in EEOC enforcement, claims and legal developments are making life challenging for employers in managing EEO efforts. To ensure you are abreast of these developments and their impact on your workplace, EANJ is proud to offer this Premier Course in Equal Employment Opportunity Law. For example, were you aware that:
- In FY 2012, the EEOC recovered a record-breaking $365.4 million in damages for private sector discrimination claims.
- The number of EEOC charges filed increased from 2011 to 2012 EACH for retaliation, sex, and disability claims.
- The EEOC's enforcement priorities for 2013-2016 include equal pay, discrimination and harassment.
- Recent Supreme Court decisions and other laws enforced by the EEOC continue to evolve and have expanded their reach into the workplace.
- In 2014 President Obama issued an Executive Order which will allow the government to deny a company a federal contract if it violated, or even allegedly violated, federal labor laws within the previous three years.
Session Dates & Descriptions
Five, 3-Hour Sessions, in person and online - Dates to be announced
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Act of 1991
Disparate Impact; Discriminatory and Unequal Pay; Gender Stereotyping & Pregnancy Discrimination
Age Discrimination in Employment Act and Older Workers Benefits Protection Act and Retirement Plans
Accommodating Employees under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII
Workplace Harassment and Retaliation
All Sessions commence promptly at 9:15 am and will end approximately at 12:15 noon.
Andrée Laney is a former senior trial attorney for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission where she litigated employment discrimination cases in federal court. She has served as an EEOC judge where she conducted hearings and resolved discrimination charges brought by federal employees against all federal agencies. Andrée also served as Employment Counsel/Labor Relations Director for the City of New York, where she counseled management on personnel on employee-relations issues. She has also served as counsel of several major law firms in the NY Metropolitan area. Andrée provides on-site compliance training and teaches HR law courses.
(Online session participants will be sent a link to join).
Live sessions are conveniently held at the
EANJ Training Room
30 West Mount Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ
Parking is available on a first-come first-serve basis. We request that you only park against the rear-wall of the parking lot and not in the spaces directly in front of the building as those are reserved for tenants. Street parking is also available but please be mindful of the signs.
$599 EANJ Members
Cancellation Policy - In order for a full refund of registration fees, written cancellation requests must be post-marked 30 days prior to commencement of the first session. Late cancellations will be charged a $150 cancellation fee. In the event a participant must cancel after the program begins, the participant will be refunded on a pro rata basis for future cancelled sessions and charged a $150 cancellation fee.
REGISTER NOW Coming Soon