Recent trends in EEOC enforcement, claims and legal developments are making life challenging for employers in managing EEO efforts. To ensure you are abreast of these developments and their impact on your workplace, EANJ is proud to offer this Premier Course in Equal Employment Opportunity Law. For example, were you aware that:
- In FY 2012, the EEOC recovered a record-breaking $365.4 million in damages for private sector discrimination claims.
- The number of EEOC charges filed increased from 2011 to 2012 EACH for retaliation, sex, and disability claims.
- The EEOC?s enforcement priorities for 2013-2016 include equal pay, discrimination and harassment.
- Recent Supreme Court decisions and other laws enforced by the EEOC continue to evolve and have expanded their reach into the workplace.
- In 2014 President Obama issued an Executive Order which will allow the government to deny a company a federal contract if it violated, or even allegedly violated, federal labor laws within the previous three years.
Session Dates & Descriptions
For inquiries on dates, please contact the office at 973-758-6800.
Five, 3-Hour Sessions
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Act of 1991
Disparate Impact, Hiring, Gender Stereotyping & Pregnancy Discrimination
Discriminatory and Unequal Pay; Religious Discrimination and Reasonable Accommodations
Accommodating Employees with Disabilities and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
Workplace Harassment and Retaliation
All Sessions commence promptly at 9:00 am and will end approximately at 12:00 noon. Light refreshments are available at 8:30 am. Class size is limited to the first 20 registrants.
John Sarno is president and general counsel of the Employers Association of New Jersey (EANJ), a non-profit trade association. John has litigated employment cases in State and Federal courts and has argued landmark cases before the Federal Courts of Appeal. John advises companies in many areas of employment and labor law, including EEO, ADA, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, drug and alcohol testing and employment discrimination. Author of numerous articles and a book helping employer?s stay out of court, John has extensive experience as a trainer in various management issues.
Sessions are conveniently held at the
EANJ Training Room
30 West Mount Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ
Parking is available on a first-come first-serve basis. We request that you only park against the rear-wall of the parking lot and not in the spaces directly in front of the building as those are reserved for tenants. Street parking is also available but please be mindful of the signs.
$599 EANJ Members
Cancellation Policy - In order for a full refund of registration fees, written cancellation requests must be post-marked 30 days prior to commencement of the first session. Late cancellations will be charged a $150 cancellation fee. In the event a participant must cancel after the program begins, the participant will be refunded on a pro rata basis for future cancelled sessions and charged a $150 cancellation fee.