As the COVID pandemic becomes a routine challenge and additional obstacles arise in our lives and in our work, employers are continually challenged to embrace new ways of working while remaining safe, healthy and productive. To combat record high levels of burnout, frequent resignations and routine candidate ghosting, we must create a workplace that engages and inspires workers to achieve business goals and objectives.
We know from our member surveys that the majority of our members are facing talent shortages that can be detrimental to their businesses and most do not have a formal talent management strategy or succession plan in place to resolve this deficiency. The environment continues to be unpredictable and HR professionals are vital business partners charged with overcoming these business obstacles, often while overcoming their own challenges.
By effectively partnering with owners and business leaders to understand the business and its challenges, HR Professionals are better equipped to attract, develop and retain top talent. With a strategic focus, HR Professionals can serve as effective partners who can help achieve organizational goals and objectives by leveraging effective people strategies. These strategies include hiring top talent and providing a safe, productive and rewarding environment.
Five Virtual Sessions
Sessions are online, 3-hours each, from 9am to 12pm, and designed for HR staff with responsibilities to recruit, develop and retain talent and who work with management to nurture productivity and resolve disputes. Sessions are interactive and filled with real world exercises and discussions.
Session 1 - Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Effective HR Business Partnership
- Defining the organizational mission, vision and values
- Understanding business goals and objectives
- Articulating how the present culture helps or hinders the business
- Partnering with leadership to effectively manage through continuous change
- Using data to make a business case
- Ensuring the HR Strategy is aligned with business needs
Session 2 - Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Strategic Talent Acquisition
- Exploring buy, build and/or borrow talent acquisition strategies
- Crafting compelling job ads & strategic recruiting
- Talent acquisition with a diversity, equity and inclusion lens
- Effective interviewing techniques for HR and the manager
Session 3 - Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Maximizing Employee Engagement
- Compiling and using essential data metrics
- Understanding the link between employee engagement and productivity
- Leveraging employee benefit plans to provide valuable resources
- Retention plans for high potential employees
- Exploring onsite, remote and hybrid workplace options and overcoming dissent
Session 4 – Wednesday October 5, 2022
- Effective onboarding
- Constructive conversations
- Progressive discipline and performance appraisals for onsite and virtual employees
- Managing employee leaves
- Offboarding and exit surveys
Session 5 - Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Succession and Critical Knowledge Transfer
- Internal career tracks and apprenticeship
- Job sharing
- Rewarding knowledge and skills tranfser
- Identification of high potential employees and succession planning
Susan Russo works with both internal and external clients to ensure that their business and workforce strategies are effectively aligned to best meet customer needs. Susan earned a Master of Human Resource Management degree from Rutgers University. She is a certified Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) and certified Global Professional of Human Resources (GPHR) through the Human Resources Certification Institute. She is a certified Lominger 360 review feedback coach through Korn Ferry. Susan is also certified as a SHRM-SCP through the Society for Human Resource Management and serves as an instructor for the SHRM certification test preparation course. She is also an Adjunct Professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University Silberman College of Business.
Anne Radke is an experienced HR-focused employment lawyer and collaborative leader who adds value through creative and innovative solutions to workforce issues, including ethics and compliance matters. She has been a valued business partner to senior management at the corporate level with exceptional people and project management skills. Anne’s current practice focuses on leading organizational change to align with employer strategies and objectives.
HRCI & SHRM CP Credits
Each participant will be eligible to receive three (3) business recertification credits per weekly session.
Information on how to access the online session will be sent to registrants prior to the program start date.
The cost of this Premier Course is $900 per person for EANJ members and $1,250 per person for non-members. Payment must be made via PayPal, Credit Card or check. Payment due in advance
Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received by 5:00pm ET on September 7, 2022. Refunds will not be granted for any cancellations after this time.